Amanda-Users

Re: changing number of index records

2003-08-21 14:49:00
Subject: Re: changing number of index records
From: Per olof Ljungmark <peo AT intersonic DOT se>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:43:59 +0200
Jon LaBadie wrote:
On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 03:39:39PM +0200, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:

Jon LaBadie wrote:

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 01:11:04PM +0200, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:

How do I change the number of indexes kept, right now my dumpcycle is over a month but only have indexes from the last few days.

I would rather keep all the indexes until the tape is overwritten.

That is the way my index files are kept, retained until overwritten.

Makes me wonder what parameter would change that? I have only three days of indexes in /usr/local/var/amanda/index!

None I've ever heard of.
Other than the obvious tapecycle/dumpcycle/runtapes settings.

Are they the most recent?
Do they change daily?

What are the the timestamps on the directories containing the
index files?  The ls -ld and ls -ldc timestamps should show
when changes were made to the directory contents (files added
or removed).  Are these different than the times of your dumps?

I'd be looking at some outside factor as well as some amanda
facility.  Like maybe a crontab entry that is getting rid of
the index files older than 'xxx'.  I do something like that
to maintain the /tmp/amanda debug directory differently than
amanda wants to maintain it.

Well,
I've got:

dumpcycle 4 weeks
runspercycle 20
tapecycle 23 tapes

The timestamps appears to be in sync with backups.

I'm trying to understand your last paragraph, are the index files in
/usr/local/var/amanda/ dependant on /tmp/amanda? If that is the case that is probably the reason.

Can one set the age of the /tmp/amanda entries as well?

Thanks again!