Amanda-Users

planner

2003-08-21 09:16:28
Subject: planner
From: Shashi Kanbur <shashi AT fcrao1.astro.umass DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:13:52 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, Im using AMANDA 2.4.4p1. The tape and index server is a Debian
machine. The clients are mostly Debian linux machines but there are a
couple of Irix machines. The backup of these Irix machines seems to work
ok with Amanda but when I test it with amrestore, I get

Trying host cepheid ...
501 Host cepheid is not in your disklist.
amrecover> sethost moa
200 Dump host set to moa.
amrecover> setdate 2003-08-21
200 Working date set to 2003-08-21.
amrecover> setdisk /usr2
Warning: no log files found for tape AstroTapes1 written 2003-08-12
Scanning /data/amanda...
200 Disk set to /usr2.
No index records for disk for specified date
If date correct, notify system administrator

However, if I look in the curinfo for this particular host, and load the
particular tape that the machine was backed up on, I can get the entire
image for the host back with
amrestore. Why cant I use amrecover. That works fine with the other Debian
Linux machines.

Shashi Kanbur                                  shashi AT fcrao1.astro.umass DOT
edu
Five College Astronomy Department,
University of Massachusetts,
Amherst,
MA 01003
USA
(413) 577 0470                                 (413) 545 4223 (Fax)