Amanda-Users

Re: syncing amanda's non-standard schedule

2003-08-15 16:41:40
Subject: Re: syncing amanda's non-standard schedule
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: Alexander Shenkin <alshenkin AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:37:50 -0700
On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 08:18:03PM +0000, Alexander Shenkin wrote:
> I know I'm treading into RTFM territory here, but...
>
> if i establish a holding disk and a tape fails, i'll have to flush to the
> correct tape, and then insert the correct one after that, right?

You *can* do that, and I *would* do that, but you don't have to.

If you set autoflush, you can just leave the Tuesday tape on the shelf,
slap in the Wednesday tape, and Amanda will put Tuesday's *and*
Wednesday's backups on that tape (space permitting).

But then that's sliding down the slippery slope away from the
"nice tidy little tape rotation", isn't it?  :-)

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461