Amanda-Users

Re: Multiple parallel smbclients backups

2003-08-13 08:42:13
Subject: Re: Multiple parallel smbclients backups
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:40:46 -0400
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:11:53PM +0200, Nicolas Ecarnot enlightened us:
> Hi,
>
> Though I'm still working on the AIX client problem, I've also set up my
> 120 windows clients and began some tests (here, we're on holidays,
> except for the BOFHs like me).
>
> I've added all the needed config in the disklist and amandapass files
> and it's working.
>
> But I'm surprised to see that this backups aren't made in parallel :
> Though I've specified inparalell = 4, the samba backups are made in a queue.
> I imagine this comes from the fact that in disklist, every samba-related
> line begins with the same hostname (that is the hostname of the backup
> server).
>
> Aren't there a way to paralellized those samba backups ?

You can try using spindle numbers in your disklist. I'm not sure if they
work with samba clients or not, but it works fine for paralellizing things
on one machine with multiple hard drives.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics