Amanda-Users

Multiple parallel smbclients backups

2003-08-13 08:13:24
Subject: Multiple parallel smbclients backups
From: Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas.ecarnot AT accim DOT com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:11:53 +0200
Hi,

Though I'm still working on the AIX client problem, I've also set up my 120 windows clients and began some tests (here, we're on holidays, except for the BOFHs like me).

I've added all the needed config in the disklist and amandapass files and it's working.

But I'm surprised to see that this backups aren't made in parallel : Though I've specified inparalell = 4, the samba backups are made in a queue. I imagine this comes from the fact that in disklist, every samba-related line begins with the same hostname (that is the hostname of the backup server).

Aren't there a way to paralellized those samba backups ?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot