Amanda-Users

Re: smbtar

2003-08-11 09:31:24
Subject: Re: smbtar
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:26:20 -0400
On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 10:21:42AM +0200, Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
wrote:
> I have a question regarding backing up smbshares;
> As i understand it, smbclient should be used by Amanda to perform this
> task.
>
> I also thought that (somewhere along the line) smbtar would get called.
>
> The backup of the share works perfectly. (I can restore it as well)
> however;
> my problem is that smbtar does NOT get called; am I missing something ?

Yeah, a section of the man page.  From the man page of smbclient:

     -T tar options
          smbclient may be used to create tar(1) compatible back-
          ups  of  all the files on an SMB/CIFS share. The secon-
          dary tar flags that can be given to this option are :

smbtar is not needed.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)