Amanda-Users

accessing data from tape on fresh amanda system (disaster recover)

2003-08-10 21:41:04
Subject: accessing data from tape on fresh amanda system (disaster recover)
From: shaun feeley <shaun.feeley AT cytopia.com DOT au>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:37:13 +1000
hi guys,

in the process of getting a disaster recovery plan in place. additional to our night backups to tape ive set up a fortnightly full backup of our system again to tape that will be stored of site. my question is if the system running our amanda config is destroyed. could our externaly stored tapes be access on a fresh amanda system? sort of thinking if tapelist, and /var/lib/amanda index files are backed up it should be possible.
is it possible?  is there a better way?

thanks shaun

--

shaun feeley cytopia pty ltd 5th floor, baker institute tel (+613) 9522 6940 melbourne vic 3004 fax (+613) 9510 9291 australia web www.cytopia.com.au The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and erase all copies
of the message and attachments.