Amanda-Users

Re: Another MTX Question:

2003-08-06 19:29:39
Subject: Re: Another MTX Question:
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: "Bruntel, Mitchell L" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:26:21 -0700
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 02:46:03PM -0700, Jay Lessert wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 03:28:27PM -0500, Bruntel, Mitchell L wrote:
> > (and next step isn't good either...
> > sh chg-zd-mtx -reset
> > Bus Error(coredump)
>
> Reading a config file should help.  In addition, you'll be less likely
> to get surprised down the road if you run the chg-zd-mtx installed
> in libexec.  Your copy in DailySet1 won't be updated my 'make install'.

Thinking about it for another 5 seconds, it is *really* unlikely
that /bin/sh coredumped on Solaris, no matter *what* we handed
it for input.

More likely that mtx coredumped; do a 'file ./core' to find out.

Also, 'chg-zd-mtx -reset' actually degenerates to
'chg-zd-mtx -slot first'.  Once you're reading your config
file, unless you fix your $firstslot, you'll be loading
your cleaning tape, right?  You don't want to do that.

You want 'firstslot=1'.

And if I were you, I would set $lastslot to some reasonable small
value; 7, 10, something like that instead of 81, until you have
everything else working smoothly.

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461