Amanda-Users

Re: Database Backup

2003-07-29 15:29:31
Subject: Re: Database Backup
From: Doug Silver <dsilver AT urchin DOT com>
To: Axel Haenssen <axel AT Princeton DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:29:20 -0700
Axel -

Look in the Postgresql source area and/or perhaps your distribution for this:

files/502.pgsql

It is a shell script that does a live dump of your database to files which can
then be backed up.  Backing up Postgresql directly will be of no use as you
already know.  Just fire it off a few minutes right before Amanda is set to
start -- though you should figure out how long it takes to run and gauge it
from there.

I'm surprised the Amanda site doesn't have an FAQ on this since this seems to
come up fairly often (I just checked but didn't find it).

-doug