Amanda-Users

More sanity Checks

2003-07-29 13:19:00
Subject: More sanity Checks
From: "Bruntel, Mitchell L, SOLCM" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:16:20 -0500
Two quick sanity checks, please

First:  when building the files for my server machine, should I be able to just
zip the files in the "main" directory, and send them over to my client?  (ie,
if same architechture, can I avoid building on clients?

Second:
debug level X:Y(associated with chg-SCSI.conf changer script I believe.
There's a quick 1 line reference to this in
the TAPE.CHANGERS file in the DOCS directory.  However, can someone further
explain what the X/Y mean?
I am presuming (from the fact that I set it to 9:9), and seem to have gotten 9
separate chg-scsi.date.debug files for each run of amanda that the Y tells it
how many separate debug files to create, and am guessing that the X is setting
the debug level.
BTW, if this is so, the 9 chg-scsi.date.debug files ARE NOT identical!

Thaks again
Mitch B