Amanda-Users

Question on Index Record

2003-07-28 10:57:04
Subject: Question on Index Record
From: Kin-Ho Kwan <Kin-Ho.Kwan AT hxti DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:53:02 -0400
I am using a shell wrapper in my /sbin/dump so that I can run oracle backup before dumping the disk, and the gz file exists in my amanda index directory. However, it said no index records found when I do amrecover but when I run "amadmin config_file find /my_disk" , it stated that the disk had been stored into the tape and the status is OK.

Does anyone know the problem and find the way to get all index record back?

Also, just a quick question, how can I move the index record into the tape? (I know some website has this info, but I forgot the URL).

--
Kin-Ho Kwan
Software Engineer

Kin-Ho.Kwan AT hxti DOT com