Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover index Problem

2003-07-25 19:54:26
Subject: Re: amrecover index Problem
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Yogish" <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:52:18 -0400
On Friday 25 July 2003 16:10, Yogish wrote:
>Hi
>I have some problems regarding amrecover. I have enable
> amanda,amidex and amandaidx and have put the line amanda dgram udp
> wait Amanda /PATH/libexec/amandad amandad  in/etc/xinetd.d

I've no idea what you are saying above but please compare this file
from my /etc/xinetd.d/amanda with yours
----file /etc/xinetd.d/amanda:
# default = off
#
# This is the list of daemons & such it needs
service amanda
{
        disable = no
        socket_type     = dgram
        protocol        = udp
        wait            = yes
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
}
service amandaidx
{
        disable = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amindexd
}
service amidxtape
{
        disable = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped
}

-----EOF /etc/xinetd.d/amanda-----
with whatever you have there.  Note this is all one file, xinetd
doesn't care if its one or three as long as all three entries are
there.

>,however
> I get the following errors after I get into amrecover. 501 no index
> records for the host. But I get the amrecover prompt. When I try to
> setdisk, it says  '501 must setconfig,home before setting disk'. I
> dont know what exactly this means. I would appreciate if anyone can
> help me out. Regards
>Yogish

man amrecover?  Also, if you are using "localhost" anyplace instead of
a FQDN, I think you just got bit.  It works for backups (I wish it
didn't, more people would get the message before its too late) but
does not work very often for recovery's.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: