Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover index Problem

2003-07-25 18:36:35
Subject: Re: amrecover index Problem
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Yogish <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:33:42 -0500
--On Friday, July 25, 2003 14:10:10 -0600 Yogish <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>
wrote:

> Hi
> I have some problems regarding amrecover. I have enable amanda,amidex
> and amandaidx and have put the line
> amanda dgram udp wait Amanda /PATH/libexec/amandad amandad
> in/etc/xinetd.d ,however I get the following errors after I get into
> amrecover.
> 501 no index records for the host.

Do you have "index yes" in the dumptype used for that disk?

>But I get the amrecover prompt. When
> I try to setdisk, it says  '501 must setconfig,home before setting
> disk'. I dont know what exactly this means. I would appreciate if anyone
> can help me out.

At the amrecover prompt, try the following:
sethost host
where 'host' is the name of the host whose data you are trying to restore,
exactly like it is in the disklist.  Then,
setdisk diskname
where 'diskname' is the name of the filesystem as it appears in your disklist
file.
Then see if you can 'cd' and 'ls' and see your files.  If so, then you can
'add' what you want to restore and after you're finished adding things you
give the 'extract' command to restore.

Frank

> Regards
> Yogish
> Yogish.G.K
> American Healthcare Solutions Inc
> 405, South Lincoln
> Steamboat Springs CO-80487
> Ph-970-870-6232 ( EXT 106) (office)
> Email: yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com <mailto:yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>

Frank Smith                                             fsmith AT hoovers DOT
com
Systems Administrator                                  Voice: 512-374-4673
Hoover's Online                                          Fax: 512-374-4501