Amanda-Users

Re: strange "disk offline" error

2003-07-24 10:40:41
Subject: Re: strange "disk offline" error
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:38:11 -0400
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 10:26:30AM -0400, Kurt Yoder wrote:

> Again I see "cannot find user backup in passwd file". In looking at
> /etc, I noticed the passwd file is actually a symlink to a passwd
> file in another directory (For anyone who has SCO, why in GOD'S NAME
> do they do this symlink BS for everything? It is horrible!). Is this
> the only problem that's stopping me here, or is there anything else
> that needs fixing?

Not sure about your passwd problem, but this earlier line needs work.

> OK, I got gnu tar 1.13 compiled and working. However, I still get

1.13 is a known BAD version of gnutar for amanda.

Get 1.13.19 or 1.13.25.
Sorry I forget the url, but it is something like ftp://alpha.gnu.org.
Check the archives, it is mentioned regularly.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)