Amanda-Users

Re: Tapeless Backup using chg-multi

2003-07-17 17:09:11
Subject: Re: Tapeless Backup using chg-multi
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: "Byarlay, Wayne A." <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:02:50 +0200
Byarlay, Wayne A. wrote:
I try to use amlabel (/usr/sbin/amlabel -f DailyNAS1 DailyNAS01 slot 1)to
prepare the directories, but I keep getting an error that says "device could
not load slot "current": not a device file."

Just verifying: you are using amanda 2.4.3 or later?

------------------------
Contents of amanda.conf:
uh, having problems getting this one... let me know if you need to see
something

Just verifying here:  you should have lines in amanda.conf with:

tpchanger "chg-multi"
changerfile "/the/path/to/the/file/changer.conf"

------------------------
Contents of changer.conf:
multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0
statefile /etc/amanda/DailyNAS1/changer-status
firstslot 1
lastslot 1
slot 1 file:/test/amanda/slot1 #verified to be existing. this path contains
a folder called "data".

looks fine.

What is the result of the command:

ammt -f file:/test/amanda/slot1 status

----------------------------
contents of changer-status:
#created by wab 7-16-03
multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0
firstslot 1
lastslot 1
curslot 1
curloaded 1
slot 1 file:/test/amanda/slot1
statefile /var/lib/amanda/DailyNAS1/statefile

This is strange!  Mine looks like:

   # multi-changer state cache: DO NOT EDIT!
   curslot 4
   curloaded 1

Those three lines, and that's all. Notice the first line
and notice your first line: did edit this by hand?