Amanda-Users

Tapeless Backup using chg-multi

2003-07-17 16:39:00
Subject: Tapeless Backup using chg-multi
From: "Byarlay, Wayne A." <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:26:38 -0500
I am attempting to use AMANDA to write to Disk instead of Tape.

I have followed the directions in the archives to the best of my ability...
but I'm still running into an error.

I try to use amlabel (/usr/sbin/amlabel -f DailyNAS1 DailyNAS01 slot 1)to
prepare the directories, but I keep getting an error that says "device could
not load slot "current": not a device file."

Very similar error if I omit the slot 1.

If I CD into this dir, I can create/delete files/directories so it's not a
permissions problem (even though the path is a NFS mounted remote NAS.)

------------------------
Contents of amanda.conf:
uh, having problems getting this one... let me know if you need to see
something

------------------------
Contents of changer.conf:
multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0
statefile /etc/amanda/DailyNAS1/changer-status
firstslot 1
lastslot 1
slot 1 file:/test/amanda/slot1 #verified to be existing. this path contains
a folder called "data".

----------------------------
contents of changer-status:
#created by wab 7-16-03
multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0
firstslot 1
lastslot 1
curslot 1
curloaded 1
slot 1 file:/test/amanda/slot1
statefile /var/lib/amanda/DailyNAS1/statefile

Wayne Byarlay
Purdue Libraries ITD
wab AT purdue DOT edu
765-496-3067