Amanda-Users

Re: same tape

2003-07-16 11:23:05
Subject: Re: same tape
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin AT gsi-kc DOT com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:19:25 +0200
Martin, Jeremy wrote:

Hi,

Is there still no way to make amanda keep dumping to the same tape and only
change over to the next tape when the first tape is full?

I've read in the FAQ why this is a good thing due to the problem with rewound
tapes etc, but when backing up to disk this would be extremely convenient... If
this could be included as an option turned off by default that would awesome.

You mean something like this:
and together with the autoflush command this becomes: