Amanda-Users

tar errors always on same disk

2003-07-16 12:11:59
Subject: tar errors always on same disk
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:06:31 -0400 (EDT)
Hello list

Yet another question to bug y'all with. I am consistently getting a
tar error on *one* disk entry from a host when running amverify.
Here is what I see:

Errors found:
WS1tape01 (eurasia.shcorp.com._usr.20030716.1):
amrestore: WARNING: not at start of tape, file numbers will be offset
amrestore:   0: restoring eurasia.shcorp.com._usr.20030716.1
/bin/tar: Skipping to next header
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
64+0 records in
64+0 records out

I do not understand why this particular disk always has this
problem. I back up other disks from this host, and they don't have
any trouble; their dump type is identical to this disk. I don't have
this trouble on any of my other hosts. Is this something dumb I've
overlooked?

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator