Amanda-Users

selfcheck reply timed out issue

2003-07-16 04:47:22
Subject: selfcheck reply timed out issue
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:38:04 +0100
Hi,

One of my systems that backs up 4 clients last night failed on 1 of the
clients. The other 3 were ok. I have gone through and checked everything,
restarted xinetd on the client, but still the same error.

Has anyone seen

WARNING: xxxx: selfcheck reply timed out

This is on amanda-2.4.4 on both the client and the server. This is odd as
neither machine has changed in any way nor have they been rebooted. They are
on the same network so no firewall is in the way and i have disabled the
built in firewall on the client, redhat 7.3, as i though that might cause it
but no better.

thanks

Tom