Amanda-Users

Re: Solaris9 : netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled

2003-07-15 09:36:22
Subject: Re: Solaris9 : netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled
From: Bryan Hodgson <hodgson AT EECS.Lehigh DOT EDU>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:34:11 -0400
On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 02:01:17PM -0400, Eric Siegerman wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 12:57:55PM -0400, Bryan Hodgson wrote:
> > configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled
> > configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
> > configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
> > configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
> > configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf AT gnu DOT org. ##
> > configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
>
> You should be OK.  <snip>
>
> </snip> For more explanation, see this fragment of a thread from the
> Autoconf mailing-list archives.  The first of these links points
> to the question, the second to the reply; the rest of the thread
> can be safely ignored :-)
>     http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2003-03/msg00154.html
>     http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2003-03/msg00156.html

Let it be noted that in order to get the client to compile for
the use of the one Solaris 2.4 machine still running around here,
I had to "--disable-libtool" in the configuration options.

A side-effect was (evidently) that the new style header checking
was disabled, and the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) pulled everying
together without complaint (tho the results aren't tested yet.)

Probably not what the developers intended <g>.

Bryan