Amanda-Users

Re: xinetd shutting off amanda

2003-07-14 13:41:01
Subject: Re: xinetd shutting off amanda
From: Chris Dahn <chris.dahn AT computer DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:37:43 -0400
On Monday 14 July 2003 12:35 pm, Russell Adams wrote:
> That was my ebuild, heavily modified by the gentoo developer that
> commited it. ;]

  Yeah, I submitted mine ages ago, they bounced it. I fixed it, and it got
lost to newer ebuilds such as yours.

> Obviously you shouldn't have servers auto-update. :P

  <joking> Well, things were going just fine until you had to come along and
ruin it ;-P </joking>  Actually, this is probably a Good Thing, as it forced
me to update my version of Amanda.

> How many disk entries are on the server? Could it be that amcheck is
> checking each one and tripping a threshold?

  There's lots of entries. I don't think there's any more than on the other
host. I seem to remember having this problem before, and it was some silly
change to how xinetd is invoked to make it work, but I can't seem to find the
magical incantation again.

|Christopher Dahn          | Software Engineering Research Group,|
|3141 Chestnut St.         |   Feel the SERG!                    |
|Attn: CS Dept., CAT 186   | http://serg.cs.drexel.edu/          |
|Office (PA): 215.895.0203 | "PGP" public key:            |
|Fax: 215.895.0545         | http://search.keyserver.net/ |