Amanda-Users

RE: How to check when tapes can be reused?

2003-07-14 13:11:50
Subject: RE: How to check when tapes can be reused?
From: donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com
To: jmt AT twilley DOT org, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:06:06 -0500
The most obvious solution would be to run amcheck -t <ConfigName>.

This will tell you if the tape in the drive is the one that Amanda
expects to use.

If not (not the right tape or no tape in the drive), then the command
will tell you which tape that Amanda wants to see in the drive.

It will NOT list all the tapes that are ready for reuse, but it will
tell you which tape to put into the drive next.

Don
Donald L. (Don) Ritchey