Amanda-Users

Re: How to check when tapes can be reused?

2003-07-14 12:38:23
Subject: Re: How to check when tapes can be reused?
From: Jack Twilley <jmt AT twilley DOT org>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:38:20 -0700

Jack> I looked through the manual pages for amtape and amadmin but
Jack> couldn't find a command to tell me which of the tapes in my
Jack> tapelist were able to be reused at that time -- all of my tapes
Jack> are labeled "reuse" in the tapelist, but there's nothing to tell

Jack>
Jack> Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Eric> Well, I'm not sure.  :)

Eric> The tapelist also contains the date on which the tape was last
Eric> written, with the most recent at the top (the list is ordered by
Eric> date in descending order).  So the oldest tape will be at the
Eric> bottom of the list.

Well, actually, the bottom of the list was an unused tape.

Eric> Is that what you wanted to know?

What I was hoping for was something like this:

Run the command "amsomething <config> <somethingelse>" to list all
tapes that are eligible for immediate reuse.

Eric> Eric

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley