Amanda-Users

RE: (yet another) question along steps of getting operational...

2003-07-09 23:15:16
Subject: RE: (yet another) question along steps of getting operational...
From: "Bruntel, Mitchell L, SOLCM" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:40:23 -0500
Again, thanks for helping on issue:

Jon (and Jay) suggested
In order to try and find my "lost" (I wish) robot, that I should try:
a) modifying the sgen.conf driver to add support
b) checking the other SCSI logical units.(re-editing /dev/st.conf) and reboot
-r (or devfsadm)
to see if it finds anything else.

Nope. I (still) dont have a /dev/scsi/changer (or sequential).
Nope, I did have it check, and no other (unfound) units found...
ugh.

--original response
> > (duh. running solaris 5.8)
> > I dont see a device in /dev/rmt...  (but I see the drives there...)
>
> For Solaris 8 and mtx, you want to try the sgen(7D) driver for your
> robot first.
>
> You put appropriate entries in /kernel/drv/sgen.conf (it is commented empty
> by default, so you *have* no devices for it yet), do an 'add_drv sgen' and
> you should get device entries in /dev/scsi/changer.
>
> The sgen.conf device-type for library robots is "changer".

Mine showed up in /dev/scsi/sequential rather than changer.

You might also edit st.conf to examine other lun's besides 0 (only 0
is scanned in the default file).  My drive also adds /dev/rmt devices
for the changer at higher lun numbers but the same scsi id.