Amanda-Users

Restoring qmail - Some sub folders are empty. Missing emails.

2003-07-08 21:38:35
Subject: Restoring qmail - Some sub folders are empty. Missing emails.
From: Michael Gabriel <michael AT cwa.co DOT nz>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:38:35 +1200
Hi Everyone,

Within one week of starting my new job as the system administrator I had to do a restore of our mail server which was backed up with amanda. The restore appeard to come off ok but on closer inspection a lot of emails were missing. There doesn't seem to be any consistentcy on what emails decided to come back or not except most the missing email were quite old. We are using IMAP and there are a mixture of clients.

I'm wondering if there is something wrong in the configuration. Possibly emails that were old were not being backed up. Has anyone else had problems with Amanda restore and qmail?

Many thanks

Michael.

--
Michael Gabriel