Amanda-Users

Re: Comperession/Tape Size Issues

2003-07-07 18:59:38
Subject: Re: Comperession/Tape Size Issues
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:48:04 -0400
On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 03:16:33PM -0700, Joshua D. Bello wrote:
> I get the same results, whether I pick A, B, or ALL.  The amflush report
> looks like:
>
> STATISTICS:
>
> <big fat 0's for every reported time and size value>
> <Avg Compressed Size, Avg Dump Rate and Avg Tp Write Rate all report
> "--">

It would be useful if you could post the *full* versions of:
  - the amflush mail report
  - log file
  - amflush file

A few things we could learn from those, that we can't learn from
your exerpts:
  - how long amflush ran before it failed
  - did amflush complain about tape errors?
  - are you sure the DLEs *all* say "NO FILE TO FLUSH", or does
    one somewhere in the middle of the list look different?
  - whatever else might turn out to be useful, but we don't yet
    have enough info to even know what that is :-)

As well, the log and amflush exerpts seem to be for a
still-running amflush, not for one that's already failed.
Neither file seems to contain anything past the first few seconds
into the run.  Or is it really the case that amflush simply died
some time after t=8.932 seconds, without writing anything more to
either log file?  Hard to believe, because of the existence of a
mail report -- unless you generated the report manually with
amcleanup or amreport.  Did you?

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
When I came back around from the dark side, there in front of me would
be the landing area where the crew was, and the Earth, all in the view
of my window. I couldn't help but think that there in front of me was
all of humanity, except me.
        - Michael Collins, Apollo 11 Command Module Pilot