Amanda-Users

Amanda stop working after amflush

2003-07-04 05:46:43
Subject: Amanda stop working after amflush
From: "Angie Yee" <angie.yee AT capcis.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:19:31 +0100
Hello there,

 I have a problem with the amanda backup.

Amanda is totally stop working after I amflush all the logfiles in
/usr/am_dump.

When I execute amcleanup, the messages shown as below:
amcleanup: no unprocessed logfile to clean up.
Scanning /usr/am_dump...

When I execute amcheck, here is the message:
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /usr/am_dump: 6291244 KB disk space available, that's plenty
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape fs3_3 label ok <----***I have put this tape on Wednesday and this is
still OK on Friday!!!***
Server check took 3.831 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.033 seconds, 0 problems found

When I execute amrecover, here is the message:
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on fs3 ...
220 fs3 AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2003-07-04)
200 Working date set to 2003-07-04.
200 Config set to FS3.
200 Dump host set to fs3.
Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD

Then I setdisk to /vol0, the error message is:
Scanning /usr/am_dump...
200 Disk set to /vol0.
No index records for disk for specified date
If date correct, notify system administrator

I have no idea what is going with Amanda, please help.

Please find an attachment of amanda.conf file.  Would you please advise
where is it gone wrong?

I am using amanda version 2.4.2p2.

Thanks very much for your help.

BR,