Amanda-Users

Re: Starting From Scratch

2003-07-03 17:50:15
Subject: Re: Starting From Scratch
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:53:12 -0400
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 04:28:41PM -0400, Harry Mbang wrote:
> Hi all,
> please forgive me in advance for what for most may seem
> simple minded questions, here goes:
>
> I rebuilt amanda (reintsalled), unlike the previous time I
> do not have an etc folder under /usr/local.  An amanda
> folder is found under /usr/local/share.  In it is located
> text files like tapetypes, how tos etc.  My question is
> where should i put my config folder.  How does amanda know
> where to look for the config folder?  Thanks in advances
> for any response.

When you "configured" amanda you specified the "prefix".
Even if you didn't, you did by accepting the default.

When you did the build, lots of local specificities, like
prefix, default config, ... are put into the man pages
that you installed.  A "man amanda" will present lots of
info including a "CONFIGURATION" section where you will
see what amanda is using for a prefix.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)