Amanda-Users

Re: long estimate and run times

2003-07-02 11:40:32
Subject: Re: long estimate and run times
From: Jason Edgecombe <jedgecombe AT carolina.rr DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:36:48 -0400
Hello again everyone,

I have had some luck with getting amanda to work with my machines. I first had a firewall problem, which I have solved.

I still timeout for the estimate phase on a certain client, but there is a twist.

The the client and the server are dual-homed hosts. Both can talk to each other over either network interface. eth0 is our public network. eth1 is our private network. The estimate phase doesn't timeout when using the public network (100Mb/s), but it does timeout when using the private network (1Gb/s). This seems to be some type of name resolution problem, but I can't figure it out. Each machine has a different hostname for each interface and I have added both names in the /etc/hosts files on each machine.

amcheck says it's ok whether I put the public or private name in the disklist file.

BTW, both machines are Redhat 7.3 machines.

how does the amanda client machine determine which machine to talk to when it sends it's estimates?

Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

Sincerely,
Jason Edgecombe