Amanda-Users

port 10082 not secure

2003-07-02 10:09:41
Subject: port 10082 not secure
From: "Josh Welch" <jwelch AT buffalowildwings DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:07:06 -0500
Hi. I've been battling with getting Amanda set up, gotten pretty far, but
now amcheck gives me this error:

ERROR: mplslx1.buffalowildwings.com: [host mplslx2.buffalowildwings.com:
port 10083 not secure]

Mplslx1 is the client, mplslx2 is the server.

the only info I found on this so far was in the FAQ, it advised to either do
make install as root, or chown amcheck to root and then set it so it runs
SUID. I did make install as root when I installed, and amcheck is SUID root:

#ls -l /usr/local/sbin/amcheck
-rwsr-x---    1 root     backup      92739 Jun 13 12:24
/usr/local/sbin/amcheck

I am wondering if this is an issue resulting from me building amanda on the
server and using RedHat's RPM on the client. The client is running RedHat
6.2, my server is RedHat 8.0, and I don't want to install a compiler on the
RH6.2 box if I can avoid it, so it would be nice to be able to get away with
using the RPM. It is kind of a crusty old version though

# rpm -q amanda
amanda-2.4.1p1-7

Let me know if I need to include more information, and preferably what type
of information, to diagnose this.

Thanks,
Josh