Amanda-Users

Index file is empty - cygwin - using latest verion on tar

2003-07-02 04:20:05
Subject: Index file is empty - cygwin - using latest verion on tar
From: Michael Gabriel <michael AT cwa.co DOT nz>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:42:42 +1200
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting the amanda backups going under cygwin. The server is backing up serveral other linux boxes so I think that's
ok.  The data is being sent to the server from the cygwin box but the
index file is empty.

The only thing that is showing any indication of a problem in in the
sendbackup log. which is reflected in the mail message below. I'm sure
that sed and tar (I'm using the latest version) are ok.

-rw-------    1 backup   backup         20 Jul  1 16:17 20030701_0.gz
-rw-------    1 backup   backup         20 Jul  1 16:40 20030701_1.gz
-rw-------    1 backup   backup         20 Jul  2 11:37 20030702_0.gz

Error reported for mail.

/-- xbox       /cygdrive/c/ProgramFiles lev 0 STRANGE
sendbackup: start [xbox:/cygdrive/c/ProgramFiles level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/bin/tar
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/bin/gzip -dc |/usr/bin/tar -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
? sed: not found
| Total bytes written: 471193600 (449MB, 802kB/s)
sendbackup: size 460150
sendbackup: end
\--------

The dumptype used is as follows.

define dumptype comp-user-tar {
   program "GNUTAR"
   comment "partitions dumped with tar"
   options compress-fast, index, exclude-list "/etc/amanda/exclude.gtar"
   priority medium
}

Does anyone have and idea about how I can troubleshoot this problem.
I've looked throught the faq-o-matic and searched through amanda-users.

Many thanks

Michael.