Amanda-Users

different backup for sub directory

2003-05-30 08:19:21
Subject: different backup for sub directory
From: Leonid Mamchenkov <f.l.amanda-users AT news.francoudi DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:15:41 +0000 (UTC)
Dear All,

I have been thinking about it for a while and don't seem to find an
elegant solution.

I have two dump definitions (for example:  full and inceremental).  I
would like to backup directory /usr using "full" and directory
/usr/local/ using "incremental".  What is the best way to do it?

Until now, the best thing which came into my mind was doing something
like:

/usr/bin/    full
/usr/etc/    full
/usr/lib/    full
/usr/local/  incremental
/usr/sbin/   full

I don't like it much since, it might cause me to miss something
important (say /usr/opt/ has been added by another admin).  Of course I
could write a perl script to make proper listings, but there might be a
better way.  Is there?

TIA.

--
Best regards,