Amanda-Users

RE: New client to Amanda dump returns "RESULTS MISSING"???

2003-05-28 14:43:33
Subject: RE: New client to Amanda dump returns "RESULTS MISSING"???
From: Gibran Marquez <gmarquez AT indyme DOT com>
To: "'Toomas Aas'" <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:36:57 -0700
Thanks! I actually just fixed it. There were many weird things about this
setup. I found it installed in different locations and different versions of
the source files.

Yesterday I thought I completely uninstalled everything and found that the
reports said same thing this morning.

So what I did then was searched for every damn (excuse my French) Amanda
Makefile (locate amanda | grep Makefile | more) and CD'd to there and did a
make uninstall.

I found that a few actually took the uninstall. Once I did that I edited the
"inted" file to disable any amanda stuff, rebooted and found no more
messages or anything.

Then I was able to install the latest version (amanda-2.4.4.tar) with
user=amanda group=backup,

---------------
./configure --without-server --with-user=amanda --with-group=backup
make
make install
---------------

edited & restarted inetd. Still came up with an issue and what appears to
have fixed it was checking/setting the permissions for amanda as owner for
all relevant amanda directories. Mainly "/tmp/amanda" was owned by someone
other than amanda.

`amcheck` returns no errors now from the backup server!!! Here's the
selfcheck debug file on the client:
-----------------
/usr/local/libexec/selfcheck: version 2.4.4
selfcheck: time 0.001: checking disk /dev/da0s1e
selfcheck: time 0.001: device /dev/da0s1e
selfcheck: time 0.001: disk "/dev/da0s1e" OK
selfcheck: time 0.001: amdevice "/dev/da0s1e" OK
selfcheck: time 0.001: device "/dev/da0s1e" OK
selfcheck: time 0.001: checking disk /dev/da0s1a
selfcheck: time 0.001: device /dev/da0s1a
selfcheck: time 0.001: disk "/dev/da0s1a" OK
selfcheck: time 0.001: amdevice "/dev/da0s1a" OK
selfcheck: time 0.001: device "/dev/da0s1a" OK
selfcheck: time 0.001: pid 247 finish time Wed May 28 10:15:27 2003

Wooo-hooo!!! We should see no errors tomorrow morning!!!

I appreciate your help guys, and will definitely look into FreeBSD ports
installs Toomas for any future needs.

-Regards,
Gibran Marquez
I hear if you play the Windows XP CD backward you'll hear satanic messages.
But even scarier, if you play it forward it installs Windows XP!!