Amanda-Users

Re: Single file backup using SAMBA

2003-05-28 10:11:39
Subject: Re: Single file backup using SAMBA
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Francisco de Asís Miralles Argente <francisco.miralles AT eurociber DOT es>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:09:16 -0400
On Wednesday 28 May 2003 07:50, Francisco de Asís Miralles Argente
wrote:
>    I tried to backup only one file that is in a directory with
> other files in a windows client, but I don't get any way to do
> it.
>
>        Does anyone know a way to do it?

Off the top of my somewhat sleepy head, my first suggestion, made
with no idea how to actually make it work, would be to setup a
special dumptype just for that dle/file, and just gzip it, and hand
it off to taper.  This might wind up being a several line dumptype
contained in curly braces by the time it actually works.  The only
other way might be to put that file in its own directory if the
propgram can be adjusted in that manner.  Tar does directories, and
if that file is the only one, well...

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: