Amanda-Users

Amanda and firewall

2003-05-28 03:19:01
Subject: Amanda and firewall
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:16:52 +0700 (ICT)
Hi,

I have this unusual configuration where Amanda server is outside the
firewall and one client is inside the firewall.

The server and about ten clients are working fine. I just installed
the new client inside the firewall.

I'd like to know what I need to reconfigure using --with-portrange and
--with-udpportrange?

The server? The client inside the firewall? All the clients?

Honnestly, I'd prefer not to have to reconfigure all the clients.

And if I ever have to reconfigure every thing, what would be the order
to avoid disturbing the service? Clients first? Server first?

Best regards,

Olivier