Amanda-Users

Re: HostnameLookupFailsOnlyFromCron

2003-05-23 13:12:16
Subject: Re: HostnameLookupFailsOnlyFromCron
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 13:10:01 -0400
On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 12:32:29PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2003 10:10, Jon LaBadie wrote:
    [snip]

> >Attached are two tiny C programs that do name resolution the same
> > way as amanda does.  Some common tools use different routines
> > (like ping). Confirm they give the appropriate resolutions on
> > both server and client.
   [snip]

> The attachments didn't make it to here, Jon.

Darn, I muddily remember attaching them.
Instead here is a single file containing the three.

BTW  I am not the author, J.R.Jackson is.
I believe they were posted to the list a few years back.
I find them generally useful, having put them into my ~/bin directory.
And I use them as part of a shell script dealing with spam emails.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)