Amanda-Users

Re: problem upgrading amanda-2.4.2p2-7 to amanda-2.4.3-4

2003-05-22 11:37:03
Subject: Re: problem upgrading amanda-2.4.2p2-7 to amanda-2.4.3-4
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>, Hector Doblado <hdoblado AT ajmataro DOT es>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:35:08 -0400
On Thursday 22 May 2003 09:07, Paul Bijnens wrote:
>Paul Bijnens wrote:
>> gtar -zxvf amanda-2.4.4-20030516.tar.gz
>>
>> cd amanda-2.4.4*
>>
>> less INSTALL
>>   (some minutes pass... read, note down something, read
>> again...)
>
>and especially:
>
>less docs/INSTALL
>     (some more minutes pass, could I finish this in 1 hours???
> :-)

Probably,  I've been known to discover its 10 minutes till the run
starts, and I haven't yet built the newest snapshot I downloaded 3
hours back, and have plenty of time to do it.

become amanda with an su amanda
unpack it to the build location
cp my configuration script to the new dir
cd to it
./my.script (it has a make command as its last line)
exit, ctrl-d whatever to get back to root
cd to build dir.
make install

Which takes about 3 minutes here :-)

At the appointed time the new amanda fires up and does her thing.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: