Amanda-Users

Re: time to go in amstatus

2003-05-22 10:45:17
Subject: Re: time to go in amstatus
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Fernando Pintabona <fernando AT stnval.sertecnet DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:37:04 -0400 (EDT)
On 22 May 2003 at 10:40am, Fernando Pintabona wrote

> anyone knows where to look (besides amstatus) for the remaining time of
> a backup process?
> It's been like 2 hours and I keep getting the exact same info from
> amstatus, and tape is still being used...

> rc1.server:/home                         011443895k dumping to tape (0:05:58)
*snip*
> SUMMARY          part     real estimated
>                           size      size
> partition       :   9
> estimated       :   9           23703886k
> failed          :   0                  0k           (  0.00%)
> wait for dumping:   1           11543000k           ( 48.70%)
> dumping to tape :   1           11443895k           ( 48.28%)
*snip*

/home from rc1.server is dumping straight to tape.  Amanda doesn't measure
the bits as they go over the wire, so it doesn't know how long it'll take
to finish that partition, or how much data has been written.  You'll have
to back it out yourself from the average dumprate and the size of the
partitino.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering