Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover and chg-multi

2003-05-16 10:55:31
Subject: Re: amrecover and chg-multi
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: Nicki Messerschmidt <amanda-u AT alienn DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:51:23 -0400
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 02:55:26PM +0200, Nicki Messerschmidt wrote:

> briner wrote:
> >> Hi List,
> >> is it possible to use amrecover with chg-multi in a tapeless
> >> environment? I found nothing about it, but the amanda.conf option
> >> 'amrecover_changer' but I don't know which tapedev I have to use
> >> with amrecover in order to make use of this option...
> > I'm in the same situation...and I just found on the faq-o-matic of
> > amanda this info!
> > http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/191.html
> > and you have to type when you use amrecover the following line:
> > settape host:file:/var2/amandadumps/tapeXX
> > I just tried it!...and it's working fine!
> It's o.k. if you can set the tape manually by typing the above, but why
> is there an option like amrecover-changer? I think it should be
> sufficient to say amrecover where it can find the changer und the rest
> should be done by it... I know about the idea of being independent of
> the original backup server, but usually the backup server ist not the
> problem...

amrecover will use the changer if you settape to the same string as your
amrecover_changer is set.

To use it with chg-multi, you need a current snapshot because it's broken
in amanda-2.4.4.

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal