Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover and chg-multi

2003-05-05 14:31:05
Subject: Re: amrecover and chg-multi
From: "Wojciech Jedliczka" <wj AT 3v DOT pl>
To: "Nicki Messerschmidt" <amanda-u AT alienn DOT net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 20:27:02 +0200
> Hi List,
> is it possible to use amrecover with chg-multi in a tapeless
> environment?

Yes! You must use a recent Amanda snapshot, later then
March, 8. From <amanda_src_dir>/ChangeLog:
"2003-03-08  Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>

        * NEWS: amrecover_changer works with chg-multi."

> I found nothing about it, but the amanda.conf option
> 'amrecover_changer' but I don't know which tapedev I have to use with
> amrecover in order to make use of this option...

You need to use amrecover_changer "/dev/null".
It is very important, when you would like to restore items with amrecover
on the client, to have also the recent Amanda snapshot.

I am using an amanda-2.4.4-20030428 snapshot in a tapeless
environment without any problems.

> Hope you can help me,
> Cheers
> Nicki