Amanda-Users

Re: dynamically generated disklist, and amrecover

2003-05-14 13:44:10
Subject: Re: dynamically generated disklist, and amrecover
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
To: Jimmy Henson <jhenson AT connecterra DOT com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:41:37 -0500
On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 11:49:57AM -0400, Jimmy Henson wrote:
> I generate my disklist dynamically before each Amanda run.  Will this confuse
> Amanda or else cause any weird behavior when I run amrecover?

If your disklist is substantially different every run then it will
definitely cause problems in Amanda's scheduling, but as for confusing
amrecover, I think you should be safe.  Part of my disklist is
dynamically generated from our auto.home NIS automounter map such that
anytime we add a new user that user's home directory is automatically
added to the backup cycle via cron.  I am more than willing to share the
dozen or so lines of Bourne shell that make that possible, with error
checking, and for multiple Amanda configs.  Just holler.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
Systems Administrator
Center for Structural Biology