Amanda-Users

"netusage" parameter broken?

2003-05-11 22:08:14
Subject: "netusage" parameter broken?
From: Chris De Young <chd AT chud DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 19:11:54 -0700
Hello,

In most people's expierience, does the "netusage" parameter in
Amanda's configuration file work as advertised?  I'm trying to do
backups over a slow link (DSL), and while I don't really care if they
take 20 hours, I care more if they render the connection largely
unusable while they're running.

I've set "netusage" to 6 for testing, which should be about 48k (bits)
out of about 270k available, but Amanda still blasts away as fast as
the line will allow -- and the emailed report seems to confirm this,
reporting "Avg Dump Rate (k/s)" of about 27.

Am I missing some other parameter that needs to be setin conjunction
with "netusage", or is it just broken, or...?

Amanda version is 2.4.3.

Thanks,
-Chris