Amanda-Users

Re: Overland tape drives/OpenBSD?

2003-05-09 02:36:49
Subject: Re: Overland tape drives/OpenBSD?
From: JC Simonetti <simonetti AT echo DOT fr>
To: Karen A Swanberg <swanberg AT tc.umn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 08:31:20 +0200
I'm using this changer for years, and it's acting very good.
I use the "chg-zd-mtx" script that I modified a bit (I added some "sleep" into
it because it seemed to go on too quickly and printed some errors due to the
fact that the script thought that the robot was ready although it was not
because of a tape change in course).
I actually use amanda 2.4.3 on this Linux server.

Chris Miller, you're right: it's "mtx" that talks to the changer, through the
changer script. And you're right again : "mtx" is a SF project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mtx.

This thread would better go on amanda users ML rather than the hackers one...

Jean-Christian SIMONETTI    email: jean-christian.simonetti AT wanadoo DOT com
SysAdmin Wanadoo Portails   phone: (+33)493004911
Sophia Antipolis, France