Amanda-Users

Re: Exabyte 10h Library Problem

2003-05-04 23:46:05
Subject: Re: Exabyte 10h Library Problem
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 23:36:33 -0400
On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 08:22:54PM -0600, Broderick Wood wrote:
> I have an OLDER Exabyte 10h Library with a Exabyte 8505 drive in it.
>
> The system works fine using the following:
> tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"  # the tape-changer glue script
> tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
>
> Except that when it hits slot 10 (the cleaning tape, as specified in
> changer.conf)
> firstslot=1             #### 1st tape slot
> lastslot=9             #### Last tape slot
> cleanslot=10             #### Slot with cleaner tape
>
> It locks up when the cleaning tape self-ejects.  I have to issue an "mtx
> unload" and then "mtx load 1" to get it back to the first tape.
>
> Anyone have any ideas what's wrong here?

Just one, cleaning tapes mixed in with regular tapes are evil.

I can't even keep a magazine loaded with a cleaning tape in my changer.
When it puts it in, the magazine is scanned.  As it hits the cleaning
tape it runs the tape and ejects the magazine.

Use all 10 slots for regular tapes and clean manually.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)