Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck fails when client has multiple IP addresses

2003-03-23 05:14:25
Subject: Re: amcheck fails when client has multiple IP addresses
From: philo vivero <phiviv AT hacklab DOT net>
To: "Marty Shannon, RHCE" <mshannon AT domovina DOT org>
Date: 23 Mar 2003 00:38:34 -0800
On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 21:50, Marty Shannon, RHCE wrote:
> > > If you're on a Redhat-based system, edit
> > > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1 (or whatever has the
> > > definition for interface eth0:1) and delete the GATEWAY= entry from it.
> > [...]
> > > The network script that brings up that interface sets a new default
> > > gateway that then causes routing to not function.
> > Thanks for the suggestion - I tried it, but it didn't work.  Is there
> > something else I can try?
> Did you actually look at the output of "netstat -r" and/or "route"?

I'm going to have to agree with Marty here. Do "route -n" and make sure
your default gateway belongs to eth0 and not to eth0:1.

It really, really sounds like this is your problem.

If it isn't, then you need to begin the troubleshooting process. Make
sure you can ping the client machine. If not, traceroute the machine and
find out what's stopping you. It may be eth0:1 can also reach the
client, and your built-in firewall is not allowing packets through, do
"iptables -A FORWARD -j ACCEPT" (syntax from memory) to let all packets
through.

Etc etc. I don't envy your situation. I've had it myself.

--
pv
If this helped you, http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=philovivero