Amanda-Users

Re: Problems using runtar

2003-03-21 15:18:52
Subject: Re: Problems using runtar
From: Joe Benson <joe AT idiglobal DOT com>
To: Joel <jc517 AT wmi DOT com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:39:25 -0700
If you su up to whatever user you are running amanda as and then try to run runtar it will kick out an error message and tell you what user it is set to run as. You can then reinstall amanda to run as that user with the ./configure --with-user option.

Joe

Joel wrote:
Joe Benson wrote:

Make sure amanda(or what ever user you are running amanda as) is a
member of the group backup.

I checked that and unless my tired eyes are missing something the user is
in the backup group. It's certainly behaving as though the backup user isn't.
If I make runtar executable by everyone it works fine. I just need to figure
out who it thinks the user is.

  - Joel