Amanda-Users

[amanda] config troubles in RedHat

2003-03-20 17:09:51
Subject: [amanda] config troubles in RedHat
From: Jeanne Case <jdcase AT stmarys-ca DOT edu>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:29:50 -0800
Uncle! I have been trying to get amanda working on a RedHat 7.3 box for a while now. I am probably missing something small or obvious that I am just not getting. I am running Amanda 2.4.4. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

 I have made the entries in the xinet.d as follows:

# default: off
# this is the list of daemons & such it needs

service amanda
{
        disable         = no
        socket_type     = dgram
        protocol        = udp
        wait            = yes
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
}
service amandaidx
{
        disable         = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amindexd
}
service amidxtape
{
        disable         = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped
}

The script put entries into the /etc/services file of:
kamanda 10081/tcp
kamanda  10081/udp
amandaidx       10082/tcp
amidxtape       10083/tcp

Amcheck runs without errors.
Amdump runs but here is the output:

These dumps were to tape DailySet1002.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DailySet1004.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  planner: ERROR Request to hok2 timed out.
  hok2       / RESULTS MISSING
  hok2       /boot RESULTS MISSING
  hok2       /usr RESULTS MISSING
  hok2       /var RESULTS MISSING
  hok2       /home RESULTS MISSING
  hok2       /www RESULTS MISSING

STATISTICS:
                          Total       Full      Daily
                        --------   --------   --------
Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:01
Run Time (hrs:min)         0:01
Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
Avg Compressed Size (%)     --         --         --
Filesystems Dumped            0          0          0
Avg Dump Rate (k/s)         --         --         --

Tape Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Tape Size (meg)             0.0        0.0        0.0
Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
Filesystems Taped             0          0          0
Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s)     --         --         --

USAGE BY TAPE:
  Label              Time      Size      %    Nb
  DailySet1002       0:00       0.0    0.0     0

NOTES:
  planner: Adding new disk hok2:/.
  planner: Adding new disk hok2:/boot.
  planner: Adding new disk hok2:/usr.
  planner: Adding new disk hok2:/var.
  planner: Adding new disk hok2:/home.
  planner: Adding new disk hok2:/www.
  driver: WARNING: got empty schedule from planner
  taper: tape DailySet1002 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]

DUMP SUMMARY:
                                     DUMPER STATS            TAPER STATS
HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s MMM:SS  KB/s

(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.4)