Amanda-Users

Re: RE: differential vs incremental backups

2003-03-18 17:13:29
Subject: Re: RE: differential vs incremental backups
From: mbrkic AT farelogix DOT com
To: Bernhard Beck <bb AT collabrys DOT com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:38:34 -0500
Actually, the tape backups are basically for offsite
backups of online disk backups. I actually have two
disks that I am trying to backup in this fashion,
one is the database backups that I mentioned in the
previous mail and the other one is a disk containing
all my "online" amanda backups done with the "file:"
driver.  I have a weeks worth of backups on the disk
(as 7 virtual tapes) and I want only the latest tape
dumped to the offsite tape nightly.

So I will really only be going to these tapes for
either:

a) complete disaster;
b) a historic backup (>1 week);
c) crash of one of my "online" backup disks.

Cheers,
Milos