Amanda-Users

Re: fixed day backup

2003-03-14 23:17:10
Subject: Re: fixed day backup
From: "Bao Ho" <bao AT gibbons DOT com>
To: "David Olbersen" <DOlbersen AT stbernard DOT com>, "amanda" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:34:53 -0800
Hi David, Jay, and Wayne,

Thanks for replying.

I had tried the options "strategy noinc" and "strategy nofull" as Jay has
mentioned. In fact,
we can get away with only one config with two dumptypes and have to call the
correct one on the
correct day with cron. We just override the dumpcycle options in the
dumptypes.

It works so far, but there was the Mail drive from another machine, which I
use smb
to mount to the backup server, that almost always has a full backup, no
matter if it
is called with the incremental dumptype or the full dumptype. Its contents
changes
constantly, but I don't think that's the reason why it should be fully
backed up.

I also tried two separate configs, in combination with the two options
mentioned above.

I also used amadmin to force a level 0 backup right before the full is
performed.

I will try with "record no" as soon as I get back to the office.

Maybe because I was using all of your suggested methods at the same time
that
caused the problem :)