Amanda-Users

amrecover permission problem -- followup

2003-03-14 19:35:25
Subject: amrecover permission problem -- followup
From: Stephen Carville <carville AT cpl DOT net>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:05:06 -0800
I don't know if this was the cause or not but:

The machine thames has two IP addresses.  One on eth0, the other on eth0:1.
Once I added both addresses to the host file on _both_ machines, amrecover
happily restored  the file.  I'll admit I have no idea why this should make a
difference, tho.  All traffic I could see went thru the the primary eth0
address.